You’re halfway through binge-watching your favorite show on Paramount Plus.
When, all of a sudden, it stops working on your LG TV.
No worries, though. No need to be annoyed.
Because I’ve got several fixes for you.
Continue reading to find out:
- How to easily verify if Paramount Plus has an ongoing outage.
- 9 effective fixes to get Paramount Plus to work on your LG TV.
- What LG TV webOS versions are compatible with Paramount Plus.
- How to update both the Paramount Plus app and your LG TV’s firmware.
- And this is just the beginning…
- Why is Paramount Plus not working on my LG TV?
- Paramount Plus not working on LG TV: 9 fixes
- #1: Verify if Paramount Plus is having a service outage
- #2: Check if you’re having network connection issues
- #3: Do a power cycle on your LG TV
- #4: Check if your Paramount Plus subscription is due for payment
- #5: Clear the Paramount Plus app’s cache
- #6: Install updates for the Paramount Plus app
- #7: Delete then reinstall the Paramount Plus app
- #8: Update your LG TV’s firmware
- #9: Perform a factory reset on your LG TV
- Bonus: Contact Paramount Plus for customer support
Why is Paramount Plus not working on my LG TV?
Paramount Plus isn’t working on your LG TV because you’re having network issues. Paramount Plus requires at least 4 Mbps to stream. You may reset your modem and router to fix your connection. Also, Paramount Plus only works on webOS version 4.0 or higher. So make sure to update your LG TV’s OS.
Paramount Plus not working on LG TV: 9 fixes
Important note: Paramount Plus only works on webOS 4.0 or higher. This means that if your LG TV model is 2018 or older, the app won’t work at all.
#1: Verify if Paramount Plus is having a service outage
Having only launched in 2021, Paramount Plus is relatively new in the industry.
And it does experience occasional outages. Or service interruptions. Just like any other streaming service.
In fact, even an industry giant like Netflix isn’t immune to this.
So if Paramount Plus isn’t working on your LG TV…
The first thing you need to check is if the app is actually down.
Paramount Plus actually has a dedicated web page for that. You may visit that page to quickly check its status.
And if the app’s down, simply wait for their engineers to fix the issue. Their service interruptions never take long. So you’ll only have to wait for a while.
#2: Check if you’re having network connection issues
As of 2022, Paramount Plus only streams in High Definition (HD).
This requires a higher download speed for smooth streaming. Ideally around 4 Mbps. And the faster, the better.
So it’s possible you’re having trouble streaming…
Because your LG TV’s WiFi has issues.
The easiest solution to that…
Perform a power cycle on your modem and router.
A power cycle is a simple yet effective process of resetting your device.
Here’s how to do a power cycle:
- Unplug your modem and router from the outlet.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Plug both devices back into the outlet.
After that, wait until all light indicators on the modem are green and steady. And then try to relaunch the Paramount Plus app.
You might also want to know: (13 Fixes) LG TV Not Connecting To WiFi
#3: Do a power cycle on your LG TV
We just mentioned doing a power cycle on your modem and router. But it’s also an effective fix for your LG TV.
Like any device, LG TV will occasionally malfunction. It’s likely that the Paramount Plus app is fine. And that your TV is having a temporary glitch.
And a simple restart is all it’d take to fix it.
There are 2 ways to restart your LG TV:
- Through the Settings menu.
- By unplugging from the outlet.
I’ll provide you with steps for both.
Restart by unplugging
- Unplug your LG TV from the outlet.
- Press and hold the Power button on the actual TV. Not the remote. Do this for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Plug your TV back into the outlet.
Restart via Settings
- On your LG TV remote, press the Settings button.
- Select General.
- Navigate to User Agreements.
- You’ll see a prompt asking if you want to restart. Click Yes.
- Wait for the restart process to finish.
- Press the Back button to exit.
#4: Check if your Paramount Plus subscription is due for payment
We’ve all been there. Sometimes we get too busy that we forget to pay some of our bills.
And it’s okay. As long as we take care of them as soon as we remember.
So another possible reason why Paramount Plus isn’t working…
It’s already past its due date.
Now you won’t be able to see your billing details via the app. You’d need a web browser for that.
Here’s how you can check it:
- Go to Paramount Plus’ official website.
- Log in to your account.
- Click your profile name then click Account.
- Look for the Subscription and Billing section and click it.
- Navigate to Next Billing Date to know if your subscription is already due.
You may also check the email associated with your Paramount Plus account.
#5: Clear the Paramount Plus app’s cache
Apps like Paramount Plus use cache.
Cache refers to the temporary files stored by the apps. Their purpose is to make apps load faster.
Paramount Plus’ cache includes your search history. As well as previously streamed videos.
But when one or more cache files becomes corrupt, the app glitches.
So clearing the app’s cache can help fix issues.
Here’s how you can clear the Paramount Plus app’s cache on your LG TV:
- On your LG TV home screen go to System Settings.
- Navigate to Application Manager.
- Look for Paramount Plus and select it.
- Click the Clear Cache option.
You may then try to relaunch the app after doing this.
#6: Install updates for the Paramount Plus app
Paramount Plus periodically releases app updates. They do this when they want to add features. Or fix previous versions’ bugs.
Another reason this app isn’t working is that it’s outdated.
The good thing with LG TV is you could easily update installed apps.
These are the steps to do it:
- On your LG TV remote, press the Home button.
- Navigate to the LG Content Store. It’s the one with the shopping bag icon.
- Click Apps.
- Click My Apps.
- Look for the Paramount Plus app and click it.
- If there’s an update available, you’ll see the Update button. Click it.
The download and installation of updates should start automatically.
#7: Delete then reinstall the Paramount Plus app
Now it’s also possible that the Paramount Plus app wasn’t installed properly. That’s why it isn’t working.
It can be due to network interruptions while downloading. Or due to some glitch on your LG TV during installation.
An easy fix for that would be to delete the app and then reinstall it.
How to delete Paramount Plus on LG TV
- Click the Home button on your LG TV remote.
- Navigate to the Edit Mode option. It’s the one with the pencil icon.
- Highlight the Paramount Plus app.
- Click the X button on top of the app.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
After this, perform a power cycle on your LG TV.
Once it’s back on, you may reinstall the app.
How to install Paramount Plus on LG TV
- Press the Home button on your LG TV remote.
- Go to LG Content Store.
- Type in “Paramount Plus” on the search box.
- When the Paramount Plus page opens, click the Install button.
The download and installation process should begin.
For a visual guide on how to install and delete apps on LG TV, you may check out this video:
#8: Update your LG TV’s firmware
This is another crucial troubleshooting step.
I did mention that Paramount Plus will work on webOS 4.0 or higher. But it’s always a good practice to install the latest firmware available.
And as of 2022, the latest is version 6.1.
Now here are the steps to manually check for LG TV’s firmware update:
- Click the Home button on your LG remote and go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the All Settings option.
- Select General Menu.
- Navigate to About This TV and click it.
- Check the Allow Automatic Updates option. This way you won’t have to always check for updates in the future.
- Click Check for Updates.
If there are available updates, the download should begin right away.
#9: Perform a factory reset on your LG TV
Doing a factory reset should be one of your last options.
This will erase all of your data on your LG TV. Including your account information, personal settings, and downloaded apps.
So proceed with caution.
But here’s how you can do it:
- Press the Home button on your remote and go to Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Click the General Menu.
- Look for the Reset Initial Settings option and click it.
- You’ll be asked to confirm. Click Yes to proceed with the reset.
Your LG TV will reboot multiple times during the process. So don’t turn it off. And wait for the reset to finish.
Bonus: Contact Paramount Plus for customer support
So you’ve tried all the fixes. And Paramount Plus still wouldn’t quite work on your LG TV.
At this point, it’s best to contact Paramount Plus’ customer support.
You may reach them through the website. Or through their social media accounts.
Just a little heads up.
Before they assist you, they’ll ask for either of these 2:
- Device ID.
- Your IP address.
They’ll be able to assist you better if you can provide that info.
Don’t worry. I’ll provide you with steps to know both.
How to find your IP address
- Press the Menu button on your LG TV remote.
- Click System Information.
- Navigate to WiFi Connection.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Click IP address.
How to know your Device ID
- Launch the Paramount Plus app on your LG TV.
- Click Settings.
- Go to Support.
- Look for Device ID.
Make sure to take note of your IP address or your Device ID. You may then contact Paramount Plus’ support.
You might also like: (9 Fixes) Netflix Not Working On LG TV