Anywhere is the best place to listen to music. And anytime is the best time to do so.
So if you’re like me…
Who gets annoyed when you can’t stream on your Amazon Music app offline…
Let me tell you how I turned things around with.
With that, no more frustrations.
Continue reading to learn:
- 5 easy steps to listen to Amazon Music offline.
- How to switch your app to “Offline mode” on Android and iOS devices.
- The different reasons why this feature stops working and how you can fix it.
- And a lot more…
- Can you listen to Amazon music offline?
- How to listen to Amazon music offline? 5 steps
- Why can’t I listen to Amazon music offline? 5 causes & fixes
Can you listen to Amazon music offline?
You can listen to Amazon music offline. All you need to do is download the songs or playlists you want to stream without the internet. And you’ll be able to play them anytime, anywhere. Even if you don’t have data or Wifi.
How to listen to Amazon music offline? 5 steps
#1: Open your Amazon Music App
If you don’t have it on your device yet, don’t worry…
Here’s how you can download the Amazon app
For iOS users:
- Open your phone and go to the App Store.
- Tap Search at the bottom-right corner.
- Once you’re on the search bar, type “Amazon Music.”
- Click the app’s name.
- Tap the GET button.
- Input your password if it’s required.
- Wait for the download process to finish.
You can also directly access the Amazon Music app here.
For Android users:
- Turn ON your phone.
- Type “Amazon Music” in the search bar.
- Once you see the app, click Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait for the Amazon Music app to download.
Note: Many brands use Android as their OS. So, the exact steps can be slightly different depending on your device.
But for phones with Android v5.0 or higher, you can simply click here to access the app.
After the download process, find Amazon Music on your home screen and click its tile.
#2: Go to My Music
If you haven’t signed in to your account yet…
Then you should do so 1st.
After logging in, you need to go to the My Music tab inside your Amazon Music app.
You can find this at the bottom of your screen. And it’s the 1 with the headphones icon.
Tap this section, and once you do…
#3: Find the songs or playlists you want to play offline
The next step is to find the songs you wish to play even without the Internet.
Because you can only stream tracks or playlists offline…
If you download them beforehand.
Assuming that the playlists you’d want to listen to are already saved on your account…
Just head to 1 of these tabs:
And find the music you wish to play offline.
But if the song you want to download isn’t in those categories…
Simply tap the Find option and search for the song or playlist you want.
#4: Tap the 3 dots beside the song’s title
This is located on the right side of any album, playlist, or track.
If you can’t find the 3 dots of a particular song…
Tap its name.
And once it starts playing…
You’ll find these 3 dots on the upper-right corner of your screen.
You might also want to know: 7 Steps To Play Amazon Music On Alexa
#5: Tap Download
Now, you’ll be able to see these options on your app.
- Add to playlist.
- Remove from My Music.
From these 5 choices, click Download.
And just like that, you can now listen to that song or playlist even without the Internet.
“How do I find all the songs I can play offline?”
It’s easy. Here’s how you do it.
For Android devices:
- Go to the My Music tab.
- Click the dropdown option that states “Online Music.”
- From the choices, select Offline Music.
For iOS users:
- In the upper right corner, tap the gear icon.
- This will open up your app’s settings.
- On the Amazon Music Options window.
- Toggle the Offline Mode ON.
Once you do these steps on your respective device…
You’ll see all the downloaded songs and playlists on your apps.
So just pick any of the tracks that you want to play.
Want to know more about what you can do with your Amazon music app? Watch this video:
Why can’t I listen to Amazon music offline? 5 causes & fixes
#1: You haven’t connected it to the Internet
Once you realize that you can listen to Amazon music offline…
It’s somewhat hard to go back to streaming online, right?
I can totally relate to that.
But disconnecting your app from the Internet for too long…
Removes your downloaded Amazon songs from your device.
So at least once every few weeks…
You need to…
Connect your Amazon Music app to the Internet
For Android devices:
- Open your app.
- Go to the My Music tab.
- Click the dropdown option that states “Offline Music.”
- From the choices, select Online Music.
- Find a song that you want to play offline.
- Download it.
For iOS devices:
- Tap the gear icon on the upper-right of your screen.
- On your settings, open the Amazon Music Options window.
- Toggle the Offline Mode OFF.
- Find any song.
- Download it to your device.
Note: This process will redownload all the songs saved on your device before.
And you’ll be able to play them offline again.
Editor’s pick: 7 Steps To Change Amazon Music Account On Alexa
#2: The song is no longer available on the app
Although rare, some songs get removed from the Amazon Prime App by Amazon themselves.
Here are some reasons why this happens:
- The song has copyright infringement.
- The artist decided to remove it from their albums.
- Amazon changed its licensing agreement with the artist or their company.
“How do I know if this is the case with my playlist?”
It’s easy. Here’s how you can…
Check if a song has been removed from the Amazon Music app:
Step 1: Connect your phone to the Internet.
Step 2: Ensure that Amazon Music is in its Online mode.
Refer to the previous fix for the exact steps to do this.
Step 3: Tap Find.
It’s the option at the bottom of your screen that has a magnifying glass icon.
Step 4: Search the music you can’t play offline.
Simply type out its name in the search bar.
And if it doesn’t show up in the results…
Then it means the song has been removed from the app.
And there’s nothing you can do about it.
#3: Your Amazon membership has expired or was canceled
When’s the last time Amazon charged your card?
If you’re not sure…
Or it’s been more than a month since the last transaction…
Then your membership might have already ended without you realizing it.
But worry not. It’s easy to…
Check the status of your Amazon membership:
Step 1: Go to the Amazon website.
Step 2: Log in using your account.
Step 3: Head to the Your Memberships and Subscriptions section.
Step 4: You’ll see all your subscription details.
Including these options:
- Shipping details.
- Billing information.
Step 5: Tap the Billing Information option.
And ensure that the payment method you’re using still works.
Step 6: Turn the Auto-Renew ON.
Doing so will renew your Amazon Prime subscription automatically.
And it’ll also reactivate your Amazon Music in the process.
#4: You haven’t updated Amazon Music
Like any other app…
Your Amazon Music also gets regular updates from its developers.
These updates help you:
- Access new features.
- Improve your data security.
- Prevent bugs from your app.
And if you’re using an outdated version, not only will you miss out on these benefits…
Your app might also start to be incompatible with some of its features.
Including the offline streaming option, which you can’t access now.
But there’s nothing to worry about.
As it’s incredibly easy to update the Amazon Music app.
And I’ll teach you exactly how you can do it.
To update Amazon Music on Android:
- Turn your mobile device ON.
- Go to the Google Play Store app.
- In the upper-right corner, tap your profile.
- Click Manage apps & devices.
- Scroll down until you find the Amazon Music app.
- If you can see “Update Available” beside it, click that option.
To update the Amazon Music app on iOS devices:
- Turn your Apple device ON.
- Go to the App Store.
- On the top-right corner, tap your profile.
- Scroll down until the UPCOMING AUTOMATIC UPDATES section.
- Find the Amazon Music app.
- Click the UPDATE beside it.
If you can’t find the option to update your app…
That means it’s already running on its latest version.
But whether or not you’ve updated Amazon Music now, continue to the following fix.
Which are the steps to get your downloaded songs back if…
#5: You’ve recently updated the app
Updating Amazon Music is necessary to get the best music streaming experience.
But there’s 1 minor drawback that’s a bit annoying about this process.
It removes all your downloaded songs from your device.
But no worries. I’ll help you retrieve your songs again.
All you need to do is:
- Put your app in its online streaming mode.
- Find a song you want to play offline.
- Tap the 3 dots beside its title.
- Click Download.
And that’s it.
Downloading 1 song will restore all the tracks already had on your device before.
So don’t worry.
You don’t need to find each song you wish to play offline individually again.