Apple wants to ensure you get the best level of security.
That’s why it’s strict when it comes to 3rd party apps.
But, if you need those apps on your phone…
I got you.
Read on to learn:
- 3 alternative app stores you can use.
- Why you shouldn’t settle for jailbreaking.
- 3 easy procedures to install 3rd party apps on iPhone.
- 5 quick steps to solve untrusted errors when downloading apps.
- And so much more…
How to install 3rd party apps on iPhone?
To install 3rd party apps on iPhone, you can use an alternative app store. Some examples are AppValley, TestFlight, TopStore, and iTunes. These stores will allow you to download apps without feeling “illegal” like jailbreaking.
3 ways to install 3rd party apps on iPhone
Before we start…
If you’re thinking of jailbreaking your phone…
I hope you’d choose not to.
Jailbreaking basically means you’re going to free your phone from “too much” security.
As if it’s been in prison.
Sure, it gives you the freedom to download apps.
That’s without the strict rules and limitations set by Apple.
Doing so is such a big risk.
It would look like you’re offering your phone to many security threats.
Plus, it could void your warranty.
And that’s just a couple of the many dangers.
#1: Use AppValley
AppValley is one of the most excellent alternative app stores to date.
Aside from the thousands of apps you can download from this store…
You can also use it for free.
And it’s easy to use. Here’s how:
- Open AppValleyApp.com.
- At the top part of the page, click “Apps.”
- Choose among the list of categories.
- Look for the app you want through the search bar.
- Click your choice and install.
Once it’s done downloading, the app should appear on your home screen.
You also have the option to install the AppValley app on your phone.
- Open the AppValley download page.
- Tap the download button.
- A configuration profile page will show. Tap on “Allow.”
- Tap on “Install.”
- You’ll be redirected to your Settings.
- Tap on “Install Profile.”
- Enter your passcode for permission.
- Safari browser will launch.
- Tap on “Install AppValley.”
- Tap “Install.”
- Your Settings will show.
- tap on “Install” again.
- Tap “Next.”
- Tap “Done.”
The AppValley app should be on your home screen once it’s ready to use.
#2: Install TopStore
TopStore is a 3rd party app store that offers modified apps, games, and other amazing finds.
And just like AppValley, it’s also free to use.
You can’t find TopStore in App Store…
But you can download it from your browser.
- Open your Safari browser.
- Install the app’s configuration page.
- A window will appear.
- Tap on “Install.”
The TopStore icon should be on your home screen.
Note: Downloading apps from TopStore may also require you to fix the untrusted error. This happens when you install apps that are unofficial according to the standards of iOS.
Furthermore, Apple will not recognize them because it doesn’t trust the apps’ developers.
And it only wants to ensure your device’s security.
But don’t worry…
You can reassure Apple that the developer can be trusted.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Go to Profiles & Device Management.
- Select the developer name.
- Tap on “Trust.”
It’s that simple.
Reminder: This may require you to take note of the developer name, so you’re sure you’re selecting the right one. The name appears on the error message. This error message is what you’ll see if you’re required to fix the untrusted error.
Now, for you to install 3rd party apps…
Here are some easy steps:
- Open your installed TopStore app.
- Find the list of categories.
- Tap on one that you want to download.
- Simply tap “Install.”
You’ll know you did it right once the app’s icon appears on your home screen.
#3: Download TestFlight
One of the best things about TestFlight is that it has its official permission from Apple.
Although you can’t find it yet in App Store…
You just know this is also a great choice for your iPhone.
Unlike other app stores…
TestFlight isn’t your ordinary source of apps and games.
It has a higher purpose for developers.
It serves as a prerequisite tool for launching apps.
As it evaluates their beta versions.
Downloading Testflight is also easy and free.
That doesn’t automatically mean you’re given early access to app packages.
You need to get an invitation first to join a beta test.
This is either through email or a public link.
If you want to be invited, here are a few options to try:
- Sign up on TestFlight for access.
- Look out for TestFlight links provided by online users.
- Check the available beta programs to receive notifications.
To learn more, watch this video:
Bonus: Use iTunes
iTunes isn’t just another media player.
It also plays a good role in allowing users to download 3rd party apps on their iPhones.
What’s best about it is that it’s developed by Apple…
And great news, it’s easy to use as well.
- Using a cable, connect your device to a computer.
- Allow iTunes app to run on your computer.
- A list of devices should show up.
- Select the iPhone model you’re currently using.
- In iTunes, choose “Apps.”
- Choose the apps you want to have on your iPhone.
- Click “Sync.”
Now, your apps should start transferring from the computer to your phone.
When it’s done, you’ll get a notification from iTunes.
Then you can start downloading 3rd party apps.
Note: Once you’re done, you have to eject the cable before you disconnect your phone. Your computer might be busy updating files, and simply unplugging the cable right away can disrupt it.
Furthermore, ejecting your iPhone is a way to make sure that your files won’t be compromised.
Besides, doing so is easy peasy.
- Find the status bar (It’s at the top of the iTunes window).
- If something is still processing, wait for it to finish.
- Or you can click the “X” button to stop.
- Click the “Eject” button.
- Wait until your iPhone’s name disappears.