Kodi is an amazing streaming platform.
Unfortunately, though, it’s incompatible with the iOS App Store.
But wait. I know an easy way to work around this.
Continue reading to find out:
- How you can connect Kodi to Chromecast without a phone.
- 5 uncomplicated steps to connect Kodi to Chromecast from iPhone.
- How you can download Kodi to an iPhone (even if it’s not in the App Store).
- And a lot more…
- How to connect Kodi from iPhone to Chromecast – 5 steps
- How to connect Kodi from Android to Chromecast
- Can you cast Kodi to Chromecast without a phone?
How to connect Kodi from iPhone to Chromecast – 5 steps
#1: Install an alternative app store
As mentioned earlier, the app Kodi isn’t officially supported by Apple devices.
That said, to install Kodi on your iPhone…
You need to use an alternative app store on your iOS device. Or an app that lets you download Android apps to iPhones.
Now, there are dozens of applications like these.
But my top pick is the alternative app store called AppValley.
That’s because not only does it have hundreds of Android apps you can install on your iPhone…
It’s also free and very user-friendly.
That said, follow these steps to…
Install AppValley on your phone:
- Turn ON your phone and launch its browser.
- Head to AppValley’s official download page.
- Tap the Download for iPhone button.
- Once you’re on the configuration page, click Allow.
- Select Install.
- This will bring you to your phone’s Settings.
- Click Install Profile.
- Input your phone’s passcode.
- Wait for Safari to open up.
- Click Install AppValley.
- Select Install once more.
- You’ll see your Settings again.
- Select Install > Next > Done.
After this process, you need to make your phone trust the app:
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Head to General.
- Select VPN & Device Management.
- Click Trust AppValley.
And now that you have the AppValley on your iPhone, you can proceed to…
#2: Download Kodi
- Launch the AppValley app and head to its search bar.
- Type in “Kodi” and hit search.
- Select the 1st app that appears.
- Select Download.
- Wait for the app to be added to your phone.
And now that you have the app…
#3: Use Kodi on your iPhone
If this is your first time trying to use Kodi, then you’re in for a ride.
That’s because this app turns your iPhone into a Smart TV. And it’ll let you:
- Play retro games.
- Create your own add-ons.
- Access your local songs or videos.
- Get information about the media you’re playing.
That said, you should take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the app.
And once you’ve played a couple of videos, proceed to the next step, which is to…
#4: Set up your Chromecast
If you’re Chromecast is already connected to your TV…
Skip to the next step.
However, if you haven’t connected the streaming device to the TV yet, then…
Follow these steps to set up your TV’s Chromecast:
Step 1: Turn ON your Chromecast and connect it to the TV
Connect your Chromecast to its power cable. And plug the adapter into a wall outlet.
Then, grab the built-in HDMI cable of your Chromecast.
And insert it into an HDMI IN port on your TV.
After doing so…
Step 2: Change your TV’s input
Can you see the welcome screen of Chromecast?
If you can, then skip to the 3rd step.
But if not, you need to change the input source of your TV:
- Grab your TV remote.
- Click its Input/Source button.
- The list of available inputs will appear on your screen.
- Select the HDMI number that you plugged your Chromecast to.
Note: If these steps don’t apply to your TV, check its user manual. And find how you can change the input source of your device.
Step 3: Pair your Chromecast to its remote
When you see the Start Pairing screen…
Get the remote of your Chromecast. And press its Home and Back buttons simultaneously.
Let go when the LED lights on the remote start blinking.
And wait for your screen to indicate that the pairing has been successful.
Further reading: Chromecast Remote Not Working: 5 Easy Ways To Fix It Today
Step 4: Set up your Google Home app
If you don’t have the app yet, here’s how you can install it:
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone.
- Click the Search icon at the bottom.
- Select the search bar at the top.
- Type “Google Home App.”
- Click the app from the results.
- Tap the GET button.
- Input your password if needed.
- Wait for the app to be installed.
Note: You may also click here to download the Google Home app directly.
After installing Google Home, launch it and sign in using your Google account.
“I don’t have a Google account yet.”
Then simply head to this website to create a new Google profile.
That said, once you’ve signed in…
Follow these steps to connect your Chromecast to Google Home:
- Create a Home inside the app.
- From the list of devices, select Chromecast.
- Select the name of your Chromecast from the list.
- Wait for your app to pair with the Chromecast successfully.
Want a visual guide for this whole process? Watch this video:
And just like that, you can now easily cast your iPhone to the TV.
However, there’s a slight catch.
As mentioned, Kodi isn’t a Cast-enabled app. So, unfortunately, you can’t simply click a Cast button and make the app appear on your TV.
But fret not. There’s an easy workaround for this.
See, you can simply…
#5: Install an app that lets you mirror your iPhone’s screen
You can choose any screen-mirroring application you want.
But I highly recommend downloading the app:
Replica: Screen Mirror Cast TV.
That’s because I’ve been using this for months now. And I’m very satisfied with its features.
Now, bear in mind that this app isn’t free.
However, if you ask me…
Paying less than $3 a month for this app is a pretty good deal. That’s because you’ll be able to cast any apps from your iPhone to the TV. And that includes your browser or even social media apps.
With that said, follow these steps to…
Use the Replica app to cast your Kodi:
Step 1: Download the app to your iPhone.
Step 2: Launch Replica.
Step 3: Click Continue on the welcome screen.
Step 4: Select the subscription type you want.
Now, you’ll have 3 options for this:
- $17.99 per year.
- $2.49 per month.
- $54.99 as a 1-time payment.
So select the plan you feel most comfortable with. And proceed to the next step.
Note: You can also use the 2-week free trial before paying. To do so, simply tap the exit icon (X) at the upper-right corner of your screen.
Step 5: Tap OK.
Step 6: Connect the app to your Chromecast.
Step 7: Select Cast Screen Mirror.
Now, ensure that your TV is ON and proceed to…
Step 8: Tap Start Broadcast to cast your phone to the TV.
BONUS: Open the Kodi app
Now, you’ll see your iPhone’s screen on the TV.
That said, simply launch the Kodi app on your device. And select the show or movie you want to play.
After doing so, the video on your iPhone will also appear on your TV screen.
How to connect Kodi from Android to Chromecast
To connect Kodi from Android to Chromecast, you need to install a screen-mirroring app.
That’s because Kodi itself isn’t a Cast-enabled application.
So you need the help of a 3rd-party app to cast Kodi to your TV.
But fret not. This isn’t hard at all.
Just follow along with these…
5 steps to Cast Kodi from Android to Chromecast
#1: Download Kodi to your phone
- Turn ON your Android device.
- Head to the Google PlayStore.
- On the app, search “Kodi.”
- Select the official app from the results.
- Tap Install.
- Input your credentials if needed.
- Wait for the app to be downloaded.
#2: Familiarize yourself with the app
Kodi is a simple app.
But still, it’s filled with unique features and helpful tools.
So if this is your first time using Kodi…
Familiarize yourself with its different categories and icons.
Also, try playing a couple of videos.
This way, you’ll ensure that everything works well with the app.
And that it plays both video and audio correctly.
#3: Turn ON your TV and Chromecast
Plug your TV into its power source and turn it ON.
Then, power ON your Chromecast as well.
After doing so, ensure that your TV’s input source is the streaming device.
And proceed to…
#4: Install a screen-mirroring app
To cast apps like Youtube or Netflix to your Chromecast…
All you need to do is to tap the Cast button on your screen.
However, unlike these major streaming platforms…
Kodi doesn’t have the Cast icon.
That’s why to cast it to your TV…
You need to mirror the whole screen of your Android device.
Unfamiliar with this process?
Don’t worry. I’ll guide you through it.
Now, there are many screen-mirroring apps on the App Store.
However, since I personally use Replica, I’ll teach you how to…
Use Replica to cast Kodi to the Chromecast
- Download the Replica app.
- Launch it on your phone.
- Click Continue.
- Select the subscription type you want.
- Or click the X button to use the 2-week free trial.
- Tap OK.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the app to your Chromecast.
- Click Cast Screen Mirror.
- Tap Start Broadcasting.
#5: Cast Kodi to your Chromecast
You should be able to see your Android phone’s screen on your TV now.
So all you need to do is open the Kodi app on your device.
And it’ll also be projected to your TV.
Can you cast Kodi to Chromecast without a phone?
You can cast Kodi to Chromecast without a phone.
That’s because you can still use the app on devices like:
- PC or iMac.
- A tablet/iPad.
And fortunately, these gadgets are also compatible with Chromecasts.
Moreover, Kodi is also available on Chromecast with Google TV. That’s because it’s a Chromecast device that can operate without external inputs. So it already has a built-in Play Store in its system.