You’re ready to relax using this paid subscription service that costs you $139 per year…
Only to find out that your Amazon Prime won’t work on your LG TV.
It’s not the end of the world just yet.
I’ve got many ways how to fix it.
Read on to learn about:
- How to reset Amazon Prime.
- How to update apps on LG TV.
- Reasons why your Amazon Prime isn’t working.
- And so much more…
Why is Amazon Prime not working on LG TV?
Amazon Prime isn’t working on your LG TV because it’s an outdated version. It can also be a temporary glitch on the system, but other reasons are because of your Internet connection, blocked VPN services, or account inactivity.
Amazon Prime not working on LG TV: 5 fixes
#1: It’s a temporary glitch
Your first course of action when Amazon Prime isn’t working is to restart your devices.
Sometimes, it’s a temporary glitch on the device or program itself. And all it needs is a refresh.
So restart your devices to reconnect you to the system, the Internet, and the servers.
Here’s how to do it:
- Turn off your LG TV.
- Unplug it from the power source and wait for 5 minutes.
- Plug it in again and turn it on.
- Open the Amazon Prime app.
#2: You’re using an outdated Amazon app
If it’s not your TV, it has to be the app itself.
Updates are important for 2 reasons:
- Introduce new or enhanced features.
- Remove defective files from previous versions.
Here’s how to update the Amazon app on your LG TV:
- Tap on the home button on the remote, then look for LG Content Store.
- Click on “Apps” then “My Apps.”
- Look for the Amazon Prime app and click “Update.”
If manually updating apps is a hassle for you, you can choose automatic app updates.
- Tap on the home button on the remote and select “Settings” then “All Settings.”
- Select “General” then ”About This TV.”
- Select “Automatic App Updates.”
As long as your TV is connected to the Internet, it’ll look for app updates. Then, automatically update it for you.
“I’ve updated the Amazon app, and it’s still not working?”
You’ve turned your TV on and off, updated your app, and checked your Internet connection.
Everything seems to be okay. But how come Amazon Prime is still not working?
Sometimes, programs need a push to start functioning, and resetting might do the trick.
This is to reset permissions, and clear caches, data, and cookies stored by the app.
To reset your Amazon Prime, you need to uninstall it and install it again.
Here’s what you can do:
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Locate the pencil icon on the screen and click on it to enter “Edit Mode.”
- Locate the app and press “OK” on your remote.
- An “X” on top of the app will appear. Click on it to uninstall the app.
To install the app again, you need to:
- Press the Home button on the remote to launch LG Content Store.
- Select “APPS” and locate the app you want to install.
- Press “Install.”
#3: You have a slow Internet connection
If you see Amazon Error Code 1060 on your screen, internet connectivity is your problem.
This error code can be because of an unstable Internet connection.
Or sometimes, Amazon Prime Video servers are down.
And to know if this is the case, visit a website status checker.
I recommend the website DownDetector.com, which shows reports of issues in the last 24 hours.
If there are no reports of server outages, then it might be your Internet connection.
First, make sure you’re connected to the Internet by:
- Clicking on “Settings” and go to “Network/Connection Settings.”
- Your TV will automatically look for all available Wi-fi connections.
- Clicking on the network you want to connect to and enter the password.
If Amazon Prime Video is still not working, then you might not have enough bandwidth to stream.
Here’s how you can fix this error:
- Disconnect other devices.
- Upgrade to a faster Internet connection.
- Restart your router and TV to reset the Wi-fi connection.
#4. Amazon Prime has blocked your VPN
Amazon Prime Video has a lot of films and TV series.
But, many of these are restricted by countries, disallowing people from other regions from streaming.
The most popular way to push past these restrictions is by using a VPN.
Which I’m pretty sure a lot of us have been using to view shows from different countries.
Another downside is Amazon Prime is very good at blocking VPNs. And that could be the reason why it’s not working on your LG TV.
Note: To know if your VPN has been blocked, an error will appear on the screen. It’ll say, “Your device is connected to the internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again.”
But it’s not goodbye to amazing shows from other regions just yet.
What you need is a VPN with strong encryption. You also need one with fast servers to run through Amazon Prime without a hitch.
So it’s best to consider upgrading to premium VPN services.
These VPNs have advanced technology focused on unlocking media libraries around the world.
They can consistently push past restrictions. Thus effectively avoiding Amazon Prime’s insistent VPN blocking.
I recommend ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and Surfshark.
These are top-rated VPN services with strong encryption and secured servers.
They’re able to bypass Amazon Prime. And can give you access to thousands of media content worldwide.
#5. Your Amazon Prime account might be inactive
Busy life, busy mind.
Could it be that you forgot to pay for your Amazon Prime account?
If your subscription has expired, you won’t be able to stream videos anymore from Amazon Prime Videos.
So make sure that you’ve checked your account status by:
- Going to the Amazon app and click on “Your Account.”
- Looking for “Prime Video Settings.”
- Checking your subscription status
With that, there’s only one way to enjoy your Amazon Prime account…
And that’s to pay the subscription fee.
Note: You can only use 3 devices with the same login credentials. Plus, only 2 can stream the same content at the same time.