You decide on a playlist to jam with.
But when you try to use your JLab earbuds…
They suddenly won’t pair to your device.
What a frustrating experience, right?
But you’re in luck because I know how to end this problem.
Keep reading to find out:
- 7 easy ways to fix this issue.
- 7 quick steps to pair your JLab audio device correctly.
- The most common reasons why your JLab earbuds aren’t connecting.
- And this is just the beginning…
Why are my JLab earbuds not connecting?
Your JLab earbuds aren’t connecting because they might be too far from the gadget they’re pairing with. This also happens when the devices you use don’t have enough power. And in other cases, your earbuds are already connected to a different gadget, so they won’t pair with a new one.
JLab earbuds not pairing: 7 ways to fix it
#1: Follow the proper steps to pair your earbuds
If this is your first time trying to pair your JLab earbuds…
Then you may be having problems because you’re not doing the process correctly.
That said, follow these…
Specific steps to pair your JLab earbuds:
For Go Air Pop and Go Air Tones models:
- Open the lid of your earbuds’ case.
- Remove the pull tab between the earpieces.
- Take the earbuds out of the case.
- Wait for 1 earbud to blink blue and the other to flash blue/white.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings of your mobile device or PC.
- Select your JLab earbuds from the list of pairable devices.
- Wait for your earpieces to blink white.
For Go Air models:
- Take off the pull tab between your earbuds.
- Remove the earpieces from the case.
- Wait for 1 earbud to blink blue/white.
- Open the device you want to connect your earpieces to.
- Select JLab GO Air from the gadget’s Bluetooth pairing options.
- Observe your earbuds.
- Wait for their LED lights to turn into solid white color.
For Epic Air Sport ANC models:
- Take the earbuds out of their charging case.
- Remove the stickers connected to each earpiece.
- Press and hold the back surface of both earbuds for 3-5 seconds.
- Wait for 1 of the earbuds to blink blue/white.
- Head to your PC or mobile device’s Bluetooth icon and tap it.
- From the list of pairable gadgets, select Epic Air Sport ANC.
- You’ll know that pairing is successful when the earbuds show a solid white light.
Note: If your earbuds’ model isn’t mentioned above, try visiting this official website. You’ll find the proper steps to pair all JLab audio gadgets there.
If this doesn’t do the trick…
#2: Move your devices closer to each other
JLab earbuds don’t have wires, thanks to Bluetooth (BT).
With that, you must stick to the range needed for BT devices to work.
To be specific, you should ensure that…
Your earbuds aren’t more than 30 ft away from the gadget you want to connect them to.
That’s because if they’re any further than this range…
The Bluetooth connection will fail. And your devices won’t connect to each other.
Pro tip: During pairing, I recommend putting your earbuds within 10 ft of the device you want to connect them to. That’s because the closer your gadgets are, the faster the process will be.
Editor’s pick: Are Wired Headphones Louder Than Wireless? 5 Facts Revealed
#3: Charge your gadgets
As you know, humans can’t work or think efficiently without proper sleep.
And similarly, devices can’t function correctly if they don’t have enough power.
That said, now, you should…
Ensure that your JLab earbuds have enough stored energy:
Step 1: Put both of your earbuds into their charging case
Put your earbuds inside their charging vessel.
Then, observe the color of the LED light in or outside the case.
Now, if you see a green light, you should skip to step 3.
However, if the case flashes a blinking red color…
You should continue to the next step. Because this means your case has less than 25% battery left.
Warning: Always dry off your earbuds before you return them to their case. That’s because the latter isn’t sweat/water resistant like the earpieces are.
Step 2: Connect your earbuds’ case to a power source
If your device has a detachable USB cable:
- Connect the cord to your charging case.
- Plug the other end of the cable into any USB port.
Note: You may also connect it to the outlet using a high-quality USB adapter.
If your earbuds’ case has a built-in charging cable:
- Extend the USB cord from the case.
- Plug it into another device’s USB port or a charging adapter.
After 30 minutes, observe the LED light on your device’s case.
If you see red, it’s still charging. So you should keep it connected to power for longer.
But if it has a green light, disconnect it from its power source.
Then, head to the next step because your case is already fully charged.
Recommended reading: JLab Earbuds Not Charging: 7 Ways To Fix It ASAP
Step 3: Observe the LED light inside your case
Open your case’s lid if needed.
Then, after 5 seconds, observe its LED light.
If you’re seeing a blinking blue color….
You should let your earbuds stay inside the case for longer because it’s still charging.
But if the LED light is OFF, your earbuds are already fully charged.
So you can…
Charge your other gadget:
This time, you should connect the device you want to pair with your earbuds to its power source.
Now, the exact steps to do this will depend on the type or model of your gadget.
But regardless if you’re using a PC, laptop, a mobile device…
You should ensure that it has 80-100% battery power.
And once all your gadgets are sufficiently charged…
Do the pairing process once more and observe if your devices are now connecting.
#4: Disconnect your earbuds from other devices
JLab earbuds are pretty loyal gadgets.
Because they won’t pair to a new device if they’re already connected to a previous one.
That said, it’s time to ensure that your earbuds aren’t connected to another gadget:
Step 1: Check if your audio device is already paired
Remove your earbuds from their case.
Then, immediately put both earpieces on your ears.
Note: Did you hear “Bluetooth connected”? If you didn’t, then move on to the next solution. Because your earbuds aren’t paired to a different device. So this fix doesn’t apply to you.
However, if you heard this line, you should continue to…
Step 2: Disconnect your earpieces from other gadgets (2 ways)
Method 1: Move away from other devices
As mentioned earlier, Bluetooth connections only work within 30 ft of distance.
So 1 easy way to disconnect your earbuds is to stay away from other devices.
That said, you should find a location or room with no gadgets in it…
Then, try removing your earbuds from their case again.
After doing so, check if you can still hear the “Bluetooth connected” from your earpieces.
If you can’t, you should start the pairing process again.
But if you still can, you should find another location or try:
Method 2: Turn OFF the Bluetooth of gadgets around you
If you’re at home…
Try to turn OFF the Bluetooth settings of all devices around you, including:
- Smart TVs.
- Mobile devices.
Pro tip: Try to ask your family members to turn OFF their gadgets’ Bluetooth as well.
After this, pair your earbuds to the device you want again. And check if the connection is now working.
Note: Don’t fret even if you can’t try this method. Because the next solution will also disconnect your earbuds from other gadgets.
#5: Reset your earbuds
Your earbuds may be glitching.
Or they’re still connected to a device you don’t know of.
But fret not. You kill 2 birds with 1 stone by resetting your JLab earbuds.
Lucky you, this process is easier than any of the previous solutions.
So without further ado, here’s how you can…
Reset your JLab audio device:
- Put both earpieces in the charging case.
- Tap 1 earbud’s top surface 7x.
- Wait for its LED light to flash blue 3x.
- Tap the other earbud 7x as well.
- Wait for it to flash a blue light 3x.
- Remove both earpieces from the case.
- Wait for 1 earbud to show a solid white. The other should flash white/blue.
Here’s a video that you can use as a guide for this process:
Note: Try doing this reset 2-3x until successful. But if all attempts fail, you should contact JLab’s support team. Check the end of the article for the different ways to reach the company.
After resetting your audio device, you should also…
#6: Restart the gadget you want to pair with your earbuds
The exact steps to do this will depend on your gadget’s:
- Device type.
But as a simple guide, I’ll show you the general steps to restart phones and PCs.
That said, let’s start with the simple steps to…
Restart mobile devices:
- Locate the power and 1 volume button of your device.
- Press and hold both keys until a slider appears at the top of your screen.
- Drag the slider to the right.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Press and hold the power button until the Apple logo shows up.
- Press and hold your device’s power button until a window appears on your screen.
- Select Restart from the options.
- Wait for your device to turn OFF and ON again.
Steps to restart your PC/laptop:
- Tap the Windows icon at the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Select the power button from the window.
- From the options, click Restart.
- Tap the Apple icon at the top-left corner of your screen.
- A new window will appear.
- Select Restart from the choices.
After restarting your gadget, try connecting it with your earbuds again.
#7: Pair your earbuds with another device
If you’re still having pairing problems…
I highly recommend connecting your earbuds with a different gadget.
That’s because your JLab audio device may not be the cause of this issue. Rather, it’s the mobile device or PC to which you’re trying to connect your earbuds.
This being said, if your earpieces can pair with a different gadget with no problems…
Then you should contact the support team of the device you were previously trying to use.
That’s because your earbuds are perfectly fine. And they’re not the root of this issue.
However, if your audio device doesn’t pair with a different gadget as well, it’s time to…
Bonus: Contact JLab
It’s time to talk to professionals at this point.
That’s because your earbuds most likely have issues only JLab can fix.
Fortunately, it’s easy to contact the support team of this brand.
That’s because you can call them at 1-405-445-7219.
Or email them here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may also head to JLab’s official support website.
Note: They operate from 8 AM – 4:30 PM on weekdays (Pacific Time). However, they end their hours earlier on Friday, at 2 PM.