Oh! So you want to play Spotify on your PS4 more conveniently?
And you want to control it using your phone?
Well, good thing you’re here…
Because I’m also planning to do the same thing today!
In fact, my devices are all now ready for setup.
So, why don’t we just go through the steps together? Shall we?
Read on to know:
- 7 easy steps to connect Spotify to PS4 from your phone.
- What is “Spotify Connect,” and how to use it to play music on PS4.
- Common reasons why you can’t connect Spotify to PS4 via smartphone.
- And so much more…
How to connect Spotify to PS4 from phone: 7 steps
#1: Power ON your PS4 device
Before you start connecting your Spotify to your PS4…
Make sure that your PS4 console is powered ON.
Just press the POWER button. Look for a small power icon on the device.
There are 2 ways to turn on your PS4. Either by:
- Pressing the POWER button on the console.
- Pressing the PLAYSTATION button on the controller.
Note: To power ON your PS4 using a controller, you must pair it with the console first.
Now, depending on your PS4 console model, here’s where the POWER button is located:
- PS4 Pro: At the front left side of the device.
- PS4 Slim: At the front left side of the device.
- PS4 Original: At the front edge of the LED indicator line.
#2: Connect your devices to the same WiFi network
Next, check whether your PS4 device and smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network.
But why is this necessary?
You see, your devices won’t be able to connect and communicate with each other if they’re on different networks.
And so, you won’t be able to play Spotify on your PS4 from your phone.
To check the WiFi network of your PS4:
- Go to settings.
- Select Network>View Connection Status.
- Then, check the SSID on the page.
Note: The SSID is the name you set for your WiFi network.
To check the WiFi network of your phone:
- Go to settings.
- Select “WiFi.”
- Then, check the SSID of the connected network.
If the SSID of both devices is the same, proceed to the next step.
But if not, change the WiFi network of either of your devices to match.
#3: Download the Spotify app on PS4
To control Spotify on your PS4…
Your PS4 device must first have a Spotify app installed on it.
Here’s how to install Spotify on PS4:
Step 1: Go to the PlayStation Store.
Step 2: Type “Spotify” on the search bar. It should be the first result to appear.
Step 3: Click the Spotify logo or name on the results.
Step 4: Tap “Download.” And wait for the download process to finish.
After that, the Spotify app should appear on your PS4 library.
Suppose you can’t launch the Spotify app after installing it. Watch this video to learn how to troubleshoot it:
#4: Download the Spotify app on your phone
After that, download the Spotify app again. But this time, on your smartphone.
You have to do this. Otherwise, you won’t be able to control Spotify on your PS4 using your phone.
To download Spotify on an Android device:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap the search bar at the top of the page.
- Enter “Spotify.”
- Click “Install” on its right.
- Then, wait for the installation process to finish.
To download Spotify on an iOS device:
- Open the Apple App Store.
- Tap the search icon on the bottom-right corner.
- Enter “Spotify.”
- Click “Get” next to it.
- Then, wait for the download to finish.
#5: Log in to your Spotify account
Once you’ve installed Spotify on your phone…
Log in to your Spotify account. Or create a new one.
To do that:
- Launch the Spotify app.
- Tap “Log in” or “Sign up free.”
- Then, enter your account credentials.
#6: Choose a song to play
Now, choose any song you’d like to play.
To do that:
Step 1: Click the search button at the bottom center of the screen. Look for a magnifying glass icon.
Step 2: Enter your desired song title.
Step 3: Tap the song on the results.
Step 4: Press the horizontal music player to open it.
It’s right above the Home, Search, and Library buttons. Which are at the bottom of the screen.
Step 5: Allow the song to continue playing.
#7: Tap the Spotify Connect icon on the phone app
On the Spotify music player…
Find the “Spotify Connect” icon. Look for a TV-and-speaker icon at the bottom left corner of the page.
Note: Spotify Connect is a feature that lets you play music directly from your Spotify app to your media/speaker devices.
Once you’ve found it, tap it once. Doing this will lead you to the Spotify Connect page.
You might also like: Why won’t Alexa play Spotify?
#8: Select your PS4 device from the list
Lastly, find your PS4 device on the Spotify Connect device list.
Note: It should appear as “PS4-XXX.”
Once you’ve seen it, tap it to connect the Spotify app on your phone to your PS4.
It can take several seconds before the Spotify song you’re playing appears on your PS4 screen.
As soon as it connects to your PS4, you can now use your phone as your Spotify “remote control.”
Why can’t I connect Spotify to PS4 from my phone?
You can’t connect Spotify to PS4 from your phone because your devices aren’t connected to the same WiFi network. Or because either of your devices doesn’t have a Spotify app.
Moreover, it can also happen if your Spotify account is currently connected to another device. And if your devices are malfunctioning.
While these things can be frustrating, resolving them is easy.
Here are some things you can do to troubleshoot your Spotify phone app that isn’t connecting to your PS4:
- Reboot your WiFi router.
- Power cycle the PS4 console.
- Enable the UPnP on your router.
- Turn off background apps on the PS4.
- Relaunch the Spotify app on your phone.
- Put your phone in “sleep mode” for a few seconds.
- Log out Spotify on PS4, and log in via Spotify Connect.
If the problem isn’t resolved yet after trying these fixes…
Read also: (7 Fixes) Disney Plus Not Working On PS4