“Where are the buttons on the TV?”
It’s what we all ask after getting a new one.
However, TV brands and models have different locations of their buttons.
That said, is there a volume button on a Roku TV?
If so, where is it?
Keep reading to learn:
- How to adjust the volume on a Roku TV.
- 3 easy steps to find the volume button on a Roku TV.
- 3 proven ways to change your Roku TV’s volume without a remote.
- And a whole lot more…
How to find the volume button on a Roku TV – 3 steps
#1: Check the manual
Check your TV’s manual which is also available online:
- Go to Roku’s page to view your TV model’s manual.
- You will have the option to download it or view it online.
- Select the “Table of Contents” at the bottom of your screen.
- Do Ctrl + F. Then type “Seven buttons” and hit Enter.
- Click “Seven buttons.”
Note: Scroll down and you will see the panel buttons on your TV and their functions.
#2: Feel the TV
When your eyes can’t find the remote, use your hand to feel the volume button.
Feel the sides, the back, and under the TV.
These are the 7 buttons that come with your Roku TV:
|Volume +||Increases TV volume|
|Volume –||Decreases TV volume|
|Power||Turns the TV on and off|
|Mute||Mutes and unmutes the TV sound|
|Channel +||Moves highlighted item up in the current menu|
|Channel –||Moves highlighted item down in the current menu|
|Input||Selects among TV inputs such as HDMI, Ethernet, etc.|
Note: The order of buttons may vary from one model to another.
#3: Use the speaker icon on the remote
No need to find the volume button on your TV with your Roku remote.
Adjust the volume with a voice command using your remote.
Control the volume by doing these:
- Take your remote.
- Press and hold the “microphone” button on the remote.
- Speak with your normal voice and say commands like
- “Volume down.”
- “Set volume to 5.”
- “Turn the volume up.”
- “Set volume to 50%.”
Note: You cannot use voice commands to switch to a device with a custom name.
Moreover, the languages that voice command supports include
If you encounter problems using voice commands, check the voice command types and the best ways to do it:
|Voice command types||Instruction|
|Push-to-talk voice||Hold the handheld remote 2 to 3 inches from your mouth.|
|Tabletop remote||Be no more than 2 to 3 feet away.|
|Hands-free voice||Speak in the direction of your remote, not your TV.|
Keep the remote near to you within 10 to 12 feet.
Note: Speak naturally. A clear and direct command works best.
How to adjust the volume on Roku TV
#1: Access the Roku app on your phone
You can change the volume and the channel through your phone.
Make sure you download the Roku Mobile App to get started.
Follow these steps to control your Roku TV through your phone:
- Open the App.
- Tap “Devices.”
- Choose Roku Device.
- Tap the “Speakers” icon to raise the volume up or down.
You can use the Roku App for other controls; the same way you do with your remote.
#2: Use the TV remote
Here’s how to use your remote to change the TV’s volume:
- Take your remote.
- Once it’s in your hands, feel the sides of it.
- The bulky button on the side is the “Volume” button.
- Press it to adjust the volume up or down.
Note: The volume buttons aren’t at the center of the remote like the rest of the buttons. They’re located on the side.
For a visual guide, check out this video:
But if you don’t have a remote…
There are other ways to adjust the volume without a remote.
How to adjust the volume without a remote
#1: Use the Roku app as a remote
A lost remote isn’t the end of the world.
You can use the Roku app on your phone to control the TV instead.
The best part is that it’s available for download on your phone.
It has different app versions that work on your iPhone or Android.
Don’t have the app on your phone?
Follow these steps to download and use the Roku app:
- Connect your phone to wifi.
- If you have an iPhone, open the AppStore. If you have an android phone, open your phone’s Playstore.
- Search for Roku Official Remote and press “Download.”
- Wait for it to finish downloading.
- Click “Agree” to the terms and services.
- Open the app and follow the instructions.
- Tap “Devices” at the bottom of your phone’s screen.
- Select your Roku device.
- Tap the “Remote” icon.
- Use the “Speakers” icon to adjust the volume.
And you’re done, plus you don’t have to worry about losing the remote ever again.
#2: Use the TV’s volume buttons
The volume buttons complete the panel buttons of your TV.
Some models have them on the right side, and others have them below the logo.
That said, if you want to adjust the volume on a TCL Roku TV, here’s how:
- Look for the TCL logo on your TV.
- Feel the three buttons under the logo.
- The middle button is the “Power” button, and on either side is the “Volume” button.
- Press the volume buttons according to your liking.
But you can also adjust the volume hands-free through voice commands.
#3: Control your Roku TV through Alexa
Alexa is everyone’s favorite.
And you know what?
Roku and Alexa go together like peanut butter to jelly.
Tell Alexa this, “Alexa, turn up the volume on Roku.”
And it will do what you said. It will increase or decrease your Roku TV’s volume depending on your command.
But if you don’t have Alexa in your life yet, I recommend you get the best-rated devices with Alexa.
To save you time, we searched the top-rated devices for you to check out:
And if you already have one, you only need to follow these to connect Alexa and Roku TV:
Easy to follow steps to connect Alexa and Roku TV:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your device.
- Open the sidebar menu. (These are three lines at the top left.)
- Tap Settings found at the bottom.
- Choose “TV & Video.”
- Select “Roku.”
- Tap “Enable Skill.”
- Enter your Roku account email and password.
- Click “Sign in.”
- Select “Accept and Continue.”
- Choose the Roku device you want to control through Amazon Alexa.
- Wait for Alexa to detect and connect to your Roku device.
- Command Alexa with, “Alexa, turn up the volume on Roku.”
And you’re done.
Enjoy the freedom of adjusting the volume with or without the remote on your Roku TV.