Alexa is one of technology’s best innovations.
With its interesting features…
You just know you have to get it.
And if you’re an Apple user…
Should you feel left out?
Or can you listen to Apple Music through Alexa?
Continue reading to discover:
- 5 interesting perks of downloading Alexa.
- 8 easy steps to use Alexa with Apple Music.
- Quick troubleshooting if Alexa and Apple Music don’t work.
- And this is just the beginning…
- Is Alexa compatible with Apple Music?
- 5 things you can do with Apple Music and Alexa
- How to use Alexa with Apple Music?
- Why is Alexa not compatible with my Apple Music?
Is Alexa compatible with Apple Music?
Alexa is compatible with Apple Music. This means you can connect your Apple Music with the app. And you can listen to songs using an Amazon Echo speaker. This way, you can enjoy your favorite music at home and the other features Alexa can offer.
5 things you can do with Apple Music and Alexa
Before we proceed…
Let’s make sure you have everything you need.
To enjoy the perks of Apple Music with Alexa, you need to:
- Subscribe to Apple Music.
- Get an Amazon Echo speaker.
- Connect your Apple Music to Alexa.
To subscribe to Apple Music:
- Open the “Music” app on your device (it has a music note icon).
- A subscription offer should appear (If not, tap on “For You”).
- Select “Try It Free.”
- Use Touch ID or type in your password to subscribe.
- It might ask to validate billing information. Fill in your valid billing information.
- Tap on “Join.”
Note: Apple Music will automatically renew your membership after a month or until the free trial lasts. Feel free to cancel any time.
#1: Play music
Playing music is Alexa’s main feature.
It’s also one of the reasons why it has become popular.
So, as an Alexa user…
You can ask her to play songs by giving commands.
This means you can order up a song by its title.
Or you can include the artist.
You may also ask her to play an entire album.
To speak to her, you can say:
- “Alexa, play the song Linger.”
- “Alexa, play the song Linger by The Cranberries.”
- “Alexa, play the album Everybody Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We.”
Know what’s cooler?
You can also ask her to play a song that you don’t know the title of.
Example: “Alexa, play the song ‘But I’m in so deep… You know I’m such a fool for you.’”
Just make sure you get the tune a bit right.
Reading tip: 17 Amazing Alexa Music Commands (You’ll Love #7)
#2: Set music as your alarm
Default alarm tones getting annoying?
With Apple Music and Alexa, that’s about to change that.
And you can choose the song you want to wake up to.
This is a great idea for you to start your day in a good mood.
To set a music alarm, you have to give Alexa a command.
Include the time you want her to wake you up.
And the song title you want to hear.
Your commands may sound like these:
- “Alexa, play upbeat songs at 6 am.”
- “Alexa, wake me up at 5:45 am to Lovely Day.”
- “Alexa, wake me up at 5:45 am to Lovely Day by Bill Withers.”
Moreover, you don’t need to give such a command daily.
If your waking time is the same every day, then you can say:
“Alexa, wake me up at 6 am to Lovely Day by Bill Withers every day.”
#3: Make a Multi-Room Music group
Want to connect music to multiple speakers?
Or play songs in multiple rooms?
You can definitely do it with Apple Music and Alexa.
They can work together for you to create a Multi-Room Music group.
But before you begin…
Make sure your devices are compatible with Alexa.
To setup Multi-Room Music, here’s a simple process:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Tap on “Devices.”
- At the upper right, there’s a plus sign. Tap it.
- Select “Combine speakers.”
- Select “Multi-room music.”
- Tap on the devices you’d like to group.
- Tap “Next.”
- Pick a group name or come up with your own.
- Tap “Save.”
Pro tip: If you’re going to create your own group name, it’s best to choose a simple one. This way, you won’t forget it. And Alexa will easily understand you.
#4: Discover music
Not only does Alexa play songs, but it also lets you discover new ones.
By giving simple commands…
You won’t be left behind with the latest hits.
Or you can find old music you haven’t heard of.
Examples of what you can say are:
- “Alexa, play the most recent songs in 2022.”
- “Alexa, play the top 10 songs of Billboard Charts.”
- “Alexa, play some feel-good music I haven’t heard yet.”
- “Alexa, play songs by an artist who’s similar to Snoh Aalegra.”
You may also read: 3 Ways To Make Alexa Stop Playing Music at a Certain Time
#5: Customize equalizer
If you’re particular with the sound of songs you play…
Then you’d be glad to know that Alexa can control your equalizer settings.
You can simply say:
- “Alexa, increase the bass.”
- “Alexa, decrease the treble.”
- “Alexa, set the equalizer to flat.”
As simple as commands like these will already make changes to your equalizer.
#BONUS: Play Apple Music 1
Apple Music 1 is a music radio station of Apple.
It’s formerly known as Beats 1.
The station operates 24/7 and offers music of different genres.
This is a good option if you’re fed up with your own playlist.
The cool thing about it is that it aims to promote new music and artists.
There you’ll discover the latest in the music industry.
And thankfully, it’s also compatible with Alexa.
All you need to do is say:
“Alexa, play Apple Music 1.”
How to use Alexa with Apple Music?
To use Alexa with Apple Music, you simply need to follow a few steps to set up the app.
- Open the Alexa app.
- You’ll find “More” in the lower-right corner. Tap it.
- Select “Skills & Games.”
- In the search bar, type in “Apple Music.”
- Select “Enable to Use.”
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap “Link Account.”
- Use your Apple ID to sign in.
Now you’re ready to enjoy great features and perks.
If you want to learn more, watch this:
Why is Alexa not compatible with my Apple Music?
Alexa isn’t compatible with your Apple Music because your iOS isn’t updated. This means you have to update your device to the latest software version.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap “General.”
- Select “Software Update.”
- Tap “Install Now.”
Note: In some cases, users get “Download and Install” instead of “Install Now.” That’s fine. Simply tap on it to start the update.
Moreover, if your device is updated with the latest version…
But there’s a new software update, go for it.
Upgrading iOS is great.
Especially for users who are planning to connect their device to an accessory.