You were out of the house and someone delivered a parcel…
But this event wasn’t recorded by your Eufy doorbell camera!
Eufy is a fantastic brand for security cameras.
But there could be a minor glitch.
Continue reading to discover…
- Why your Eufy doorbell isn’t recording events.
- How to troubleshoot the Eufy camera from your phone.
- 7 effective fixes for a Eufy doorbell not recording events.
- And so much more…
Why is my Eufy doorbell not recording events?
Your Eufy doorbell is not recording events because its motion detection may be disabled. The camera’s sensitivity level could also be too low for your home. Sometimes, it might be having a minor bug, or receiving an unstable Wi-Fi connection. Furthermore, it needs a reset or change of camera angle.
Eufy doorbell not recording events: 7 fixes
#1: Activate motion detection
Your Eufy camera has a sensor that detects and records moving objects.
But it only works when you enable the motion detection feature.
No worries, because it’s super simple and easy to activate.
- Go to camera settings.
- Toggle the Camera On bar to enable the camera.
- Toggle the Motion Detection bar to enable the motion detection feature.
Once it’s activated, it will start monitoring events from your camera’s live view.
And you will receive push notification alerts on your phone.
#2: Increase the sensitivity level
If the sensor’s camera reach is too short…
It can’t detect distant movement.
The good news, though, is…
You can set the motion sensitivity of the Eufy doorbell camera, to see what is appropriate for your home:
- Open your smartphone.
- Go to eufySecurity App.
- Select the Devices Tab.
- Select the Camera Settings.
- Select Motion Detection.
- Go to Sensor Sensitivity and turn up the sensitivity level.
Note: The default level is 4 and you can set it up to level 7.
Next, choose your preferred detection type.
If you select All Motions, the camera will record and notify you of all motion events.
And it will record and notify both during day and night time.
Then, if you select Human Only, non-human motion events will be filtered out.
Also, choosing this option will save battery and reduce false notifications.
Furthermore, it’s important to…
Set the Activity Zone of your Eufy camera as well:
- Go to Camera Settings.
- Select Motion Detection.
- Select Activity Zone and click the ⊕ icon.
- Turn your phone into landscape mode to see a full view of your camera.
- The new zone will appear in the middle of your screen.
- Tap and drag the sides of the zones to change its shape.
- Tap the checkmark to save the zone.
If you’re a visual learner, you can go to Eufy Support-Motion Detection.
And voila! Your camera zone is set.
Read next: Are Eufy Cameras secure? 5 things you need to know
#3: Ensure your network is stable
If your Eufy camera stopped recording…
It could be offline or is experiencing a network issue.
To fix this, move your router closer to your Eufy camera, so it detects a better signal.
Normally, the recommended distance from your router to the camera is 30ft.
Moreover, your router could be faulty.
To troubleshoot this, you can either:
- Reset your router by holding the power button for 10-15 seconds.
- Or restart your router by switching it off and switching it on again.
If nothing happens, you should replace your router.
#4: Power cycle or reset your unit
Want a simple way to solve a bug or glitch?
Then I recommend power cycling your device.
This action will restore your Eufy doorbell to its factory default settings.
Note: You need to save important videos first before resetting the device.
So, to reset your unit:
- Locate your removal tool or you can use the pointy end of a paper clip.
- Find the small little hole at the bottom and insert the pin. Wait for it to pop up.
- Open the device.
- Look for the sync button that is about an inch from the bottom.
- Press it using the tool or pin for 11 to 12 seconds.
- Wait for the doorbell to chime 2 times.
- See if the device is emitting a yellow light. Wait for it to light for 30 seconds.
And your device is reset.
#5: Ensure your doorbell is in the best position
Imagine taking a video of someone…
And something is disrupting your view…
You won’t see any outcome, right?
This happens with Eufy cameras as well.
They should be positioned higher than normal, at least 4ft from the ground, to get the best motion and view.
Also, a wall or anything solid shouldn’t be blocking its view.
If your doorbell’s position isn’t right enough to catch the best angle…
Follow these tips to adjust it:
- Measure the height to place the doorbell that captures a full view of the visitor.
- Use your phone’s front camera to roughly test the view that you want.
- Use the provided Position-card to mark down the height for installation.
- Use the15° wedge provided to get the best angle for your camera.
#6: Replace or format the Eufy SD card
Oh no, your SD card could be faulty.
But don’t fret.
You can remove the Eufy SD card and insert it into your phone or laptop to see if it’s working.
For this, I recommend using a micro USB OTG Adaptor which connects to either device.
Now, if it’s corrupted or doesn’t show any files…
No worries. You can format it using the Eufy security app.
Warning: Formatting your storage will permanently delete all data stored on your device.
To do this:
- Go to Camera Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Select Format.
If the above suggestion doesn’t work, here’s another option:
Step1: Restart the device by pressing the sync button found at the back of the device for 10 seconds.
Step 2: Format the SD card in the camera settings again.
Note: Your internet connection should be stable and strong before reformatting.
Moreover, if this doesn’t fix the issue, you need an SD card replacement.
The best SD card to use is a class 10 high-quality microSD card, which supports up to 128 GB.
#7: Enable the Eufy Doorbell Night Vision
Need to see what happens outside in the dark?
In that case, you need to enable the night vision feature in the EufySecurity app:
- Open the eufySecurity app on your smartphone.
- Slide the side menu.
- Go to My Device.
- Select Doorbell.
- Select Doorbell Settings.
- Turn on the Auto Night Vision.