Sudden temperature changes?
If this sounds like your Bosch refrigerator, then it’s in need of a fix.
A reset, to be precise.
Read on to find out:
- When you should do a reset.
- What you should check before you do a reset.
- How a reset helps fix common Bosch fridge issues.
- Whether a reset will void your manufacturer warranty.
- 5 ways to reset your Bosch refrigerator in 29 seconds or less.
- And so much more…
How to reset a Bosch refrigerator?
There are many ways to reset a Bosch refrigerator: you can reset its many alarms (door, temperature, and water filter), reset from demo mode, or do a hard reset. But remember: the reset process should depend on the issue that you want to fix.
5 steps to reset a Bosch refrigerator
#1: Reset the door alarm
A fridge is designed to keep food fresh, period.
But long gone is the day that it stops at doing just that, and does not deliver more.
Case in point: a Bosch fridge.
Many Bosch fridge models come with a door alarm that sounds off when:
- The door has not been closed properly.
- Something is stuck to the door’s gasket.
- There has been a power supply interruption that affected the door sensor.
This notification feature means that there is something wrong, and you have to fix that wrong, to protect the food inside the fridge.
But when it does not stop beeping, that’s a different thing.
When this happens, what you should first do is check the cause of the alarm. Ask these questions:
- Is the door open?
- Is something stuck to the door’s gasket that prevents it from closing properly?
- Was there a power outage that kept the interior of the fridge too warm, which caused the alarm?
“No, none of those things apply to my fridge. So why won’t it stop beeping???”
When this is the case, you can try the following:
- For some models, you can reset the door alarm by going to the fridge’s control panel and clicking on “OK” or “reset”.
- Unplug the fridge from the wall outlet for three to five minutes. Wait and plug it back in.
Simple, right? In 29 seconds or less, you can refresh your door’s alarm setting and get the fridge back up and running.
#2: Reset the temperature alarm
A Bosch fridge is said to keep food fresh three times longer.
That’s a bold claim, but it’s one that the brand seems to live up to well.
And one of the ways it does that is by ensuring the ideal indoor temperature for food storage.
A temperature alarm sounds when there is a change in the temperature in the fridge, which may be caused by:
- An open door.
- Putting too many room-temperature food at once.
“Okay, but what happens if I have a faulty temperature sensor?”
Whichever of these three may explain your fridge’s temperature alarm being set off, you can take care of it by:
- Acknowledging the alarm on the fridge’s control panel by clicking on “OK” or “reset”, depending on the model.
- Doing a power cycle for the fridge by unplugging and replugging it back in after three to five minutes.
Note: If any of the above steps do not fix the temperature alarm issue, it is best to call a professional for help.
Remember: You only have a good fridge if it can properly store food.
And proper food storage = food safety.
#3: Reset the water filter alarm
This one applies to people who have Bosch refrigerators that come with a water dispenser.
Or those intending to buy one in the future.
Or the ones who would like to know how they can reset a water filter alarm on a Bosch fridge.
A water filter should be changed every six months or so, ideally. Or after every 200 gallons.
Whichever of the two may come first.
If you can’t keep track of it yourself, good news! Your Bosch fridge will do it for you.
That is exactly why you have a water filter alarm. When it sounds off, it means that it is time for you to install a new filter to make sure you get clean water.
How do you do that?
Can you do that in 29 seconds or less?
After installing the new filter, all you need to do is:
- Hold down the “Change filter” button for 3 seconds or so.
- Wait for the light to change.
Once the light changes, your new timer is all good to go!
Watch the video of these steps here:
#4: Reset from demo mode
This may seem a little far-fetched, but it actually happens.
There are times when a fridge is in Demo mode, even if it has been set up for a while.
When a fridge is in Demo mode, you basically get… lights. And that’s it. Nothing else works.
There are a lot of possible reasons for that, but what you can do now is check whether it is a simple reset issue.
After all, it won’t take you a long time. And if it works, it saves you more time!
To reset a Bosch fridge from demo mode, all you have to do is:
- Unplug the fridge from the wall for at least five minutes.
- Upon turning it back on, immediately press and hold the “Alarm off” button for at least 15 seconds.
- Wait until you hear the refrigerator beep three times, as this means that it is rebooting.
Once these steps are done, your fridge should be out of Demo mode.
And ready to get into powerful technological invention mode.
Now, there are some models that may require a different way of resetting from Demo mode. If the above steps do not apply to your Bosch fridge, try the following:
- Hold down the Energy Saver and Adjust Freezer/Freezer and Unlock buttons at the same time for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Wait for the fridge to beep.
- Unplug it and replug it back in.
There you go, that should work like a charm.
And if it doesn’t, ring a professional for more information.
#5: Do a hard reset
Okay, so did you know that a Bosch refrigerator outperforms the average refrigerator lifespan?
According to the US Department of Energy, a typical refrigerator lasts for about 12 years.
A Bosch fridge, however, reportedly lasts from anywhere between 14 to 19 years.
That’s 2 to 7 years more than the recommended product lifespan that the DOE wants you to invest in.
But that does not mean the product will not experience issues.
The good thing to note is that when it does have a problem, a hard reset can sometimes do the trick.
Note: Do a hard reset ONLY when it is absolutely necessary. Like nothing else has worked. Absolutely nothing else. Absolutely. Nothing.
To do a hard reset, you just have to:
- Unplug the fridge from your wall socket.
- Leave it that way for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Plug it back in.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
And even better: this works for a lot of possible fridge issues, like those that concern the product’s electronics.
Also, you don’t have to worry about your food going bad when you do a hard reset.
A Bosch fridge will maintain its temperature, even after it has been unplugged for a few hours.
Just keep that door closed.
But take note: a hard reset will delete your fridge’s current settings.
Frequently asked questions:
Is there a reset button on a Bosch refrigerator?
There is no reset button on a Bosch refrigerator.
To reset the unit, you can try unplugging it for at least 5 minutes and plugging it back in.
To restore it to factory settings, you can reset it by unplugging it for thirty to forty-five minutes before plugging it back in.
When should you reset a Bosch refrigerator?
A reset is a good idea when:
- The fridge won’t stop beeping.
- The fridge is not working as it should.
- You’re getting an error message on your fridge’s control panel.
Now, if a reset results in defects, there is a chance that your fridge’s warranty may be voided.
And if you would need a professional, you may have to foot the bill.
This is why before you reset anything, check and see what the root cause of the problem is. And if you need an expert’s opinion, go and secure it to protect your fridge best.