Wireless connections are now a big part of the trend.
But sometimes, they can be confusing to understand.
You might be wondering if you can still use Bluetooth speakers without WiFi.
But allow me to answer this mystery.
Continue reading to discover:
- How a Bluetooth connection is different from WiFi.
- 23 effortless steps to use Bluetooth speakers without WiFi.
- 4 different devices that you can connect your Bluetooth speakers to.
- And a lot more…
Can you use Bluetooth speakers without WiFi?
You can use Bluetooth speakers without WiFi. That’s because the 2 wireless connections are separate from each other. So all you need to do is set your speakers in pairing mode. And connect your device to the speakers like you usually would.
How to use Bluetooth speakers without WiFi – 23 steps
There are different types of devices you can connect your Bluetooth speakers to.
And the most popular ones are:
That said, I’ll create a separate step-by-step tutorial for each.
And to start, let’s focus on the device that’s most likely closest to you: your phone.
5 steps to connect Bluetooth speakers to your phone without WiFi
#1: Turn ON your Bluetooth speaker
Now, some speakers are powered by batteries…
While you need to plug others into a wall outlet.
So turn ON your Bluetooth speakers accordingly.
And once it’s powered ON, proceed to…
#2: Enable Bluetooth on your phone
The steps for doing this will differ depending on your phone’s OS.
But fret not. I’ll cover the steps for both iOS and Android devices.
With that said, here are the steps to…
Enable Bluetooth on Android phones:
- Turn ON your phone and head to Settings.
- Head to Connected devices.
- Find Bluetooth and turn it ON.
Enable Bluetooth on iOS devices:
- Turn ON your iPhone.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Click the Bluetooth option.
- Toggle it ON.
Now, let your phone remain on this page as you…
#3: Put your speakers in pairing mode
The pairing mode is the state your speaker needs to be in so your phone can discover it.
See, if your speakers aren’t in pairing mode…
Your phone won’t be able to detect them no matter how long you wait.
Now, the exact steps to put your speakers in pairing mode usually differ depending on their brand.
But for many Bluetooth speakers, you can do this by:
Pressing and holding the pairing button of your speakers
Observe your Bluetooth speakers.
Does it have a pairing button?
If so, try pressing and holding it for 3 seconds.
Now, if you hear a short indication sound or your speakers’ light starts to blink…
Then your speaker is now in pairing mode.
However, if this method didn’t make your speakers ready for pairing…
You should check the user manual of your device. This way, you’ll know the exact steps to put your Bluetooth speakers in pairing mode.
#4: Pair your phone with the speakers
If your phone isn’t on its Bluetooth settings anymore, then quickly go back there with these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- If you have Android: Select the Connected devices option.
- Tap Bluetooth.
And once you’re on the Bluetooth page…
Pair your phone with your speakers
- Select the Pair new device on your screen.
- Let your phone load.
- Click the name of your speakers once you see it.
- Remain on the Bluetooth page.
- Wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Your speaker’s name should appear at the bottom of your screen.
Now, if your speaker’s name didn’t appear despite waiting for a few minutes…
You should repeat the previous step and set your speakers in pairing mode again.
That’s because some speakers’ pairing mode only lasts for less than 1 minute.
#5: Enjoy your louder audio
At this point, you’ve already connected your phone to the Bluetooth speakers.
So try playing a show or a song on your device. And enjoy your Bluetooth speakers.
Editor’s pick: 7 Best Linkable Bluetooth Speakers That Pair Together
7 steps to connect Bluetooth speakers a to PC without WiFi
#1: Ensure that your PC is compatible with Bluetooth
See, some PCs don’t have Bluetooth in their system.
So to check if yours have 1, follow these steps:
- Go to the home screen of your PC.
- Click the speech bubble icon at the lower-right corner of your screen.
- Find the Bluetooth tile.
If you see the tile, proceed to the next step.
But if you can’t find Bluetooth, your device most likely doesn’t have it.
In this case, you should purchase a Bluetooth adapter for your device.
And once your PC has Bluetooth, proceed to the next step.
#2: Turn your speaker ON
Connect it to its power source if needed.
And press and hold its power button to turn it ON.
#3: Enable your PC’s Bluetooth
Now, the exact steps for this depend on your PC’s model.
But this is usually how you can…
Turn your PC’s Bluetooth ON
Step 1: Open the Windows Settings on your PC.
To do so, click the Windows icon at the bottom-left of your screen. And select the Settings icon.
You may also open this by simultaneously pressing the Windows key + I on your keyboard.
Step 2: Click the Devices option.
Step 3: Select Bluetooth & other devices.
You can find this in the left window of your screen.
Step 4: Turn the Bluetooth toggle ON.
After doing so, remain on this screen and…
#4: Put your Bluetooth speakers in pairing mode
Press and hold the pairing button on your speakers.
Note: This will be shaped as or have the Bluetooth symbol.
Now, if this doesn’t work for your speakers, refer to its user manual. And see how you can set it in pairing mode.
With that said, once your device is ready to pair…
#5: Connect your PC to the speakers
Go back to your PC or laptop and follow these steps:
- Tap the Add Bluetooth or other device option on your screen.
- Select Bluetooth on the window that appears.
- Wait for your PC to search for nearby devices.
- Select the name of your speakers once it shows up.
- Tap the Pair button.
#6: Check if your audio is now projecting through your speakers
Play a show, movie, or song on your PC.
And observe the source of the audio.
If you’re now hearing the sound through your Bluetooth speakers…
Then you continue enjoying it.
But if the audio doesn’t work on your Bluetooth speakers yet, go to the next step.
#7: Set your Bluetooth speakers as your PC’s default speakers
Here’s how you can do this:
- Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Select System.
- Tap the Sound option at the left window.
- Click the drop-down menu under Output.
- Select the name of your Bluetooth speakers.
Now, you can enjoy hearing your PC’s audio on your Bluetooth speakers.
4 steps to connect Bluetooth speakers to Macbooks without WiFi
#1: Turn ON your Bluetooth speakers
Plug your speaker into its power source if needed.
And press and hold its power button to turn it ON.
Now, if your speaker doesn’t turn ON by doing this…
Check its user manual, as you might need to do different steps to turn it ON.
#2: Set your speakers in pairing mode
You should find the pairing key on your speakers.
Note: Most likely, this will have the Bluetooth icon on it.
Now, once you see the pairing button…
Press and hold it until you hear an indication sound or see a flashing light.
Now, if these steps don’t apply to your speakers…
Refer to its user manual and check how you can set it in pairing mode.
#3: Pair your MacBook to the speakers
Follow these steps to do so:
- Head to the home screen of your mac.
- Click the Bluetooth icon at the top-right section of your screen.
- Toggle this connection ON.
- Wait for the list of available devices to appear on this window.
- Select your speaker’s name once you see it.
- Select Connect.
#4: Set your Bluetooth speakers as the default audio output
Here’s how you can do it:
- Click the Apple icon at the top-left corner of your screen.
- From the window that appears, select System Preferences.
- Tap the Sound icon.
- On the new window, select the Output tab.
- Select the name of your speaker from the list.
And just like that…
Your MacBook is now connected to your Bluetooth speakers without a WiFi connection.
7 Steps to connect Bluetooth speakers to TV
For this connection, the steps will depend on the brand of your TV.
But to give you a general idea of how you can do this process…
Here’s how you can:
Connect Bluetooth speakers to the most popular TV brands
For Samsung TVs:
- Put your Bluetooth speakers in pairing mode.
- Turn ON your TV.
- Click Home on your Samsung remote.
- Head to Settings > Sound.
- Select Sound Output.
- Tap the Bluetooth Speaker List option.
- Select your Bluetooth speaker’s name from the list.
For LG TVs:
- Set your speaker in pairing mode.
- On your LG TV, head to Settings.
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Head to the Sound menu.
- Tap Sound Out.
- Wait for your TV to search for Bluetooth devices.
- Select your Bluetooth speaker from the list.
For Sony TVs:
- On your TV, head to Settings.
- Head to the Network & Accessories menu.
- Select Bluetooth and turn it ON.
- Now, set your Bluetooth speakers in pairing mode.
- On your TV, tap the Add device option.
- Wait for your TV to search for nearby devices.
- Select your speakers from the list.
Use these steps as a guide to pairing the TV that you have with your Bluetooth speakers.
But if you still can’t connect your 2 devices together…
You should check your TV’s user manual. And check the specific steps you need to take to pair it to Bluetooth devices.
You might also want to know: 5 Steps To Connect Bluetooth Speakers to a Roku TV (How-To)
How Bluetooth is different to WiFi
Bluetooth is different to WiFi because it connects devices together. While on the other hand, WiFi connects a device to the Internet. So while they are both wireless connections, they are different and separate.
Want an in-depth comparison of these 2 connections? Watch this video:
Does Bluetooth sound better than WiFi speakers?
Bluetooth doesn’t sound better than WiFi speakers.
That’s because the latter has a better audio quality than the former.
See, WiFi speakers have a wider bandwidth range. So they can transmit audio files with fewer compressions than Bluetooth speakers do.
And in simple terms, this means they play audios of higher quality.
On top of that, WiFi speakers also have a broader audio range than the other type.
So you can hear their audio from long distances.
With that said…
It’s clear that WiFi speakers have better sound quality than Bluetooth speakers.