You’re in the market for the latest model monitor.
And you’ve heard that MSI is a brand that’s on top of its game.
Still, there are many important features to consider.
1 of those is a built-in speaker system.
And it makes you wonder if MSI monitors have that.
Read along to discover:
- 3 interesting facts about speakers on MSI monitors.
- How to connect and fix headphones and external speakers.
- 9 MSI-standard audio accessories that are compatible with their monitors.
- And a lot more…
Do MSI monitors have speakers?
MSI monitors don’t come with built-in speakers. Listening is only possible by using external speakers or headphones. Moreover, MSI monitors can produce high-frequency sounds. Therefore, using audio equipment with the same capability will give the best experience.
Speakers on MSI monitors – 3 surprising facts
#1: Features can compensate for the lack of built-in speakers
MSI monitors don’t come with built-in speakers.
Even so, they’re some of the most trending monitors in the market.
In fact, MSI reached worldwide sales of 3 million units in 2021. This is only after 3 years of selling monitors.
And each monitor has awesome specs and performance. All at a very reasonable price, too.
1 feature that stands out is the monitor’s high refresh rate.
Which is the number of frames the monitor displays per second.
Because of that, high-quality performance is always a guarantee.
Especially with fast-moving games and films with intense action sequences.
Another feature is the monitor’s response time.
Which measures speed instead of how often an image refreshes.
See, an image can refresh many times in a second.
And if the response time can’t catch up, it’ll cause ghosting or blurring.
But MSI monitors have a very quick response time.
Which erases all instances of blurry images.
#2: They have headphone jacks
It’s always possible to connect your PC to an MSI monitor.
And an HDMI cable plugged in through the correct ports should do the trick.
This way, you can hear the monitor’s sound through your computer’s speakers.
But this way isn’t so convenient.
The usual method is to use headphones or USB speakers instead.
Which are easy to connect since all MSI monitors have the proper ports for those.
These ports are usually found at the sides of the screen frame. But in some models, they’re at the bottom.
That said, I recommend buying MSI-approved headphones or speakers.
If you’re unsure, check the product details or ask a sales rep.
And for a visual guide to an MSI monitor’s parts, check out this video:
#3: MSI rarely manufactures speakers
MSI’s main focus is on computers and their components.
This includes monitors, keyboards, mouse, laptops, headsets, etc.
But the poor speaker is often out of the picture.
Actually, a quick search on MSI’s global website will show only 1 speaker. And that’s the SyrenSound Mini.
Now, they’ve released a few speakers over the years.
But MSI speakers often have mixed reviews and are now unavailable.
Some could make a case for MSI laptops, which come with built-in speakers. So why not do the same with monitors?
Well, the company produces a new lineup of monitors every year.
And none of them ever have built-in speakers.
So it’s clear that until MSI decides to include them, external is the way to go.
“I’ve connected my MSI monitor to speakers, but it still doesn’t play.”
In this case, you’re gonna have to do a series of checks.
Step 1: See that your speakers are working.
Plug it into a computer or laptop and check if it plays sound. If it doesn’t, then your speakers or USB cable is faulty.
Step 2: Check that you plugged the speakers into the MSI’s audio port.
That’s usually on the sides of the monitor or the back of the screen frame.
But some models have it in their USB set of ports, so make sure you’ve plugged the speakers into the right port.
Step 3: Go to your monitor’s settings and inspect if the audio function is on.
Now, several MSI monitor models require this action to connect to an external speaker. So turning on the speaker’s power button won’t be enough.
Step 4: If that doesn’t quite hit the nail on the head, take note that MSI monitors also have an Audio Mixer.
So, study your manual to know where it is.
Normally it’s in 1 of the USB ports. So try plugging your speakers in it. Then, play some media to see if the speakers now have sound.
Note: Any of these steps should make your monitor’s sound work. If it doesn’t, and your speakers can play sound on other devices, contact MSI support for more help.
You might also want to know: Is A TV A Computer? 5 Things You Need To Know
Why do MSI monitors not have speakers?
MSI monitors don’t have speakers, as producing them isn’t MSI’s priority.
More than that, MSI designed their monitors with gaming in mind.
With that, their accomplishment in the gaming world has become a part of their brand.
So the reasons that their monitors are so popular are gaming-related.
Still, the following features make up for the absence of built-in speakers:
- Refresh rate.
- Response time.
- Top-notch graphic card technology.
- The curved design of some models.
- The ease of plugging in external audio gear.
Moreover, MSI monitors’ visual display is one of the absolute best in the market.
So if you’re a film buff or a digital creator, spending extra for speakers is a great trade-off.
#Bonus: 9 headphones and external speakers for MSI monitors
You can stop wondering about audio accessories that pair up well with MSI monitors.
Here’s a list of awesome recommendations for several preferences.
#1: Arvicka speaker with LED lights
- Plug and play and let your cares fade away.
- If you’re not a fan of bulk, this one’s palm-sized.
- Enjoy great long-term customer care and warranty.
#2: Votntut USB soundbar
- Get used to a clutter-free media station or monitor table.
- Use from 1 device to the next due to its wide compatibility.
- The volume knob makes it easy to adjust the sound with comfort.
#3: Amazon basics USB speaker
- Change the volume with ease using its in-line control.
- If you like your bass with a bit of spring, this will suit you well.
- Falling and scratches are a thing of the past with its stable base.
#4: A1 home system by Audioengine
- Its sound can fill an entire room.
- Go from wired to wireless in seconds.
- Look no more for an elegant design to suit any space.
#5: MSI DS502 headset
- Very light, like a headset that isn’t there.
- Get a snug fit anytime with its ergonomic design.
- Unwanted noise won’t bother you with its noise-canceling feature.
#6: SteelSeries arctis 3 – all-platform headset
- Superior sound wherever you are.
- Its popularity is well-deserved and for a good reason – quality.
- Make the most of a voice clarity that sounds like a studio recording.
#7: MSI GH50 immerse headset
- Put its precision to good use with its detachable mic.
- Gain an experience unlike any other, as it adapts sound to distance and depth.
- Manage features with a touch, including a mic switch, vibration, and volume controls.
#8: Razer blackshark headset V2
- No need to break the bank for its top software and audio quality.
- Make the most of its all-day comfort feature – gel cushions against heating.
- Have an amazing cinematic experience as you watch movies like you’re there.
#9: Cloud alpha by Hyperx
- Have you ever experienced a bottomless battery? Here’s your chance.
- An all-around audio gear that doesn’t just have great audio, but comfort as well.
- Experience what the reviews are gushing about, and you won’t want any other headset.